Triplanetary to VMS Conversions
Actually, using the VMS with GDW's Triplanetary is fairly simple and intuitive. Here's how I would do it:
Before playPrepare either a 3x5 or 4x6 laminated card for each ship. [I will add one to the page as soon as I am able.]
Each card would contain:
- two VMS vector graphics, marked "Even" and "Odd"
- ships's name and class
- counter ID
- cargo capacity
- combat rating
- carried ordnance
- total fuel tankage
- a fuel countdown graphic (e.g. fuel boxes to be checked off as fuel is expended)
- turn ship regains maneuverability (if disabled)
- double-burn status (eligible or ineligible)
- Track movement and maneuvering on the cards, rather than by writing on the map.
- Ignore the VMS rules regarding ship's facing, as the timescale and distance for Triplanetary makes this irrelevant.